Raja Subramaniam is a Senior Research Engineer in the Algorithms and Optimization area within the Data Analytics Lab at Conduent Labs India. His research works lie in the domains of optimization algorithms and geo-spatial data engineering in transportation. He also has keen interest on architecting large scale system, performance engineering, application security and automated software engineering (especially model-driven approach). At Conduent Labs India, Raja has worked on projects such as Xhare-A-Ride, XTrack, and Avatar. His broader vision is to solve real-world problems with the power of computing. Raja believes that collaboration is a key component of good research, and is interested in working with researchers and development engineers, both within Conduent, and in academia.
Prior to joining Xerox in 2014, Raja was a technical architect at Tata Conultancy Services, where his focus was on architecting large scale enterprise applications. He has a Master degree on computer science from IIT-Madras. His research has led to 6 publications and 6 filed patent applications.
- Raja Subramaniam Thangaraj, Koyel Mukherjee, Gurulingesh Raravi, Asmita Metrewar, Narendra Annamaneni and Koushik Chattopadhyay. "Xhare-a-Ride: A Search Optimized Dynamic Ride Sharing System with Approximation Guarantee". In IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 2017.
- Atul Singh, Raja Subramaniam Thangaraj, Gurulingesh Raravi, Koyel Mukherjee, Partha Dutta, Koustuv Dasgupta. "TRaining AssigNment Service (TRANS) to Meet Organization Level Skill Need". In 19th International Conference on Business Information Systems, (Leipzig, Germany, 2016), Springer International Publishing, 411–423.
- Koyel Mukherjee, Raja Subramaniam Thangaraj, Asmita Metrewar, Harish K., Gurulingesh Raravi, Narendra Annamaneni, Arpita Biswas and Partha Dutta. "Xhare-A-Ride: An efficient dynamic ride sharing service for multimodal trip planner". in 8th International Conference on Mobile Communication and Networks, (Bangalore, India, 2016).
- Ameer Mulla, Gurulingesh Raravi, Raja Subramaniam Thangaraj, R.P. Jagadeesh Chandra Bose, Koustuv Dasgupta. "Efficient Task Allocation in Services Delivery Organizations". IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC), pages 555-562, 2016.
- Gurulingesh Raravi, Anirban Mondal, Raja Subramaniam Thangaraj, Atul Singh. "MobiHerd: Towards Enabling Cost-Effective and Scalable Mobile Group Buying". IEEE MDM 2016.
- Koyel Mukherjee, Partha Dutta, Gurulingesh Raravi, Raja Subramaniam Thangaraj, Koustuv Dasgupta, Atul Singh. "Fair Resource Allocation for Heterogenous Tasks". IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS) - 2015.
- “Profit Optimization for Commercial Ridesharing”, Patent Application Filed, 2016.
- “System and method for determining the behavioral integrity of an application” Patent Application Filed, 2016.
- “Search optimized dynamic ride sharing system with guaranteed approximation “, Patent Application Filed, 2016.
- “System and method for smart, rational and collaborative location tracking for trip planners”, Patent Application Filed, 2015.
- “XHARE-COST: An Online Strongly Individually Rational Cost Sharing Scheme for Ridesharing”, Patent Application Filed, 2015.
- “XAR (Xhare-A-Ride) - a system and method for integrating on-demand shared services with scheduled services for multi-modal trip planning”, Patent Application Filed, 2015.
- “SkiMan (Skill Manager) - a system and a method for using an organization’s skill gap projections and employee’s learning ability to manage skill training for employees”, Patent Application Filed, 2014.